The biggest Save Danes Moss event yet!
DANES MOSS DAY
Saturday, 1st October 2022 10:00 – 13:00
Add the date to your calendar!
- 10:00 – Event opens
- 10:20 – Welcome speeches – overview of the situation on Danes Moss
- 10:30 – Activities begin – drumming performance, guided walks, talks, kids activities, cake sales.
- 12:50 – Closing speeches
- 13:00 – End
At our upcoming event we will have guided walks from:
Simon Caporn, Professor of Ecology and Environment
Thomas Eccles, Danes Moss Community Group
AND talks from
Dr Roger Meade – who was involved in the restoration of the Danes Moss SSSI and former Senior Advisor on Peatlands to English Nature
Also, kids activities – wild flower seed bomb making! Biodegradable glitter tattoos!
Local African drumming band KONTAANI will be playing for us! Surely a first on the moss?
Come join us but be sure to wear warm clothing, good waterproof shoes and bring a raincoat in case of showers! The ground will be wet! We are not providing drinks unfortunately – but please bring your own hot drinks in flasks!
Email queries to: email@example.com
On Danes Moss near Moss Lane:
Enter via bend on Moss Lane (SK11 7XE)
from Flying Fields Drive (SK11 7GE)
- Buses 38 or 9 from Macc Bus Station will get you near to the Moss!
- Safe bicycle parking on site
- Plenty of space for considerate car parking available on roads around.